Saturday, April 3, 2010

nesting






I decided as it was spring and we'd been learning about wildlife, I'd make bird's nests with my Brownie troop. After a lot of searching, I came up with no good ideas, so I decided to have them create nests using covered wire, twine, wool, twigs, moss, and varying little bits of thread & fabric I had around... The nests the girls made were beautiful, they were all so different, but the common theme was all of them wanted the nests to be comfortable, how lovely!

I had a date with some of my wonderful friends, and decided to share my project with them, what a treat that was. They all embraced the idea, and again each nest was completely unique to the person who made it, and again comfort was a common element.

How amazing it is that birds are able to create their nests using only their beaks! Truly a miracle.

Speaking of miracles, I'd like to wish you all a lovely Easter. Enjoy!

(my husband asked if he should be worried that I'm nesting!!!)

No comments: