Friday, April 9, 2010

sharing


I've had a fun couple of weeks, I spoke for Cape Cod Art Association's Camera Club on portraiture - it was such a blast! They were a great group, and the feedback was all positive, so I thought that was good! Of course, I had to keep reminding myself to not talk too fast, and to stay focused (neither of which I'm very good at!). In a couple of weeks, I get to see what they did with the information they learned, and judge their 'portrait' competition. I can't wait! I love photography, love looking at other's work, love faces, so it can only be good! Sure I'll get inspired by looking at all of the different portraits I'll see.

Then there was the Art Foundation's Creative Collaborative, where I was on a panel of successful artists. We all shared tips and ideas with the crowd of over 200, it was also pretty cool. Afterwards I caught up with a friend I knew back in the days of field hockey & yearbooks (mine!) in CT., so that was a bonus. There are some super creative people 'round these parts. I got to meet Salley Mavor, she's so rock star! She creates these amazing 'wee folk', it was awesome to meet her in person after adoring her work so...

I'm trying to meet my goal of not running around like a crazy soul this year, we'll see how that works out for me! Might mean I'll actually post photos once in a while! Or maybe that senior slideshow... hmmm... For now, I'm enjoying my tiny tour of the speaking circuit!!

No comments: