Tuesday, May 27, 2008

the start of another season


Memorial Day is bitter sweet, there is the anticipation of summer, swimming in the bay, eating outside, watermelon and hula hoops... but summer on the Cape is also a portrait photographer's busiest season... I love what I do, family portraits and senior portraits on the beach, what a great job I have, but it is a busy life I'll be leading until around mid November... I'm not complaining mind you, I consider myself so lucky that I am able to support myself and my family with my art...

We had a perfect weekend, lobster out followed by icecream at Cape Cod Creamery on Friday (try their Cotuit Coffee, it could be the best ever!), a long walk with Lucy through one of our nature preserves, she was thrilled to go for a good swim in the pond, both warmer and less crazy than the ocean! Next was a surprise party for my photographer friend, Tom... We got to see him in lederhosen, I think that was worth going for! Of course he was a kid, in a photo, and he says it was for a school play, but I didn't see anyone else wearing lederhosen, so who's to say... There were a lot of photographers there celebrating with him, a great time was had by all - happy birthday, Tom! Sunday we went for our first sail of the season, enjoying the glorious sunshine on Lewis Bay in our teensy little boat... Monday we went clamming in Osterville followed by mini-golf, and then more icecream (I know I don't need quite so much!)... It was a perfect Cape Cod weekend... and the weather was absolutely fantastic... I love it when we're able to enjoy all of those things that make the Cape so fabulous...

and now with a deep breath, I embrace the summer of '08, and look forward to the thousands of photographs I will take, the laughter I will share with my friends and family, the splashing in the ocean, the memories we will create together, and the memories I will preserve for others... I can't wait to see what time will bring...

No comments: