Saturday, November 21, 2009

the moon


so I've been sick for the better part of a month, and I'm starting to get downright grumpy, but Friday, oh it was a good day... I felt miserable, but... Melaine, a dear friend, who is so funny & sweet & kind, came in right at the end of the day when I was leaving to go home to bed, and gave me a bag for my b-day... A Johnny Depp Rolling Stone cover shot - oh he is so beautiful. She said it was on the clearance rack, and she said, 'oh no Johnny, this is not where you belong, let me bring you home' (even my husband laughed at that one!)...

So I stumble into the house and go right to bed (after showing off my fab new bag of course...) I re-enter reality an hour or so later, and find that my birthday present from my hubby has also arrived, seems a week after your b-day is a good day for presents!! I got the most amazing, fantastic, really, really, crazy cool telescope!!! It has this way cool auto alignment thing, and even will tell you the viewing highlights for the night, every night of the year!!! Are you kidding? So last night it was crystal clear, and we looked at all of these stars & constellations, it was amazing. Ray & Adriana both saw a few Leonids, I only saw the flashes that lit the sky... (but of course, I had been out at 3:30am on Tuesday morning and watched them for more than an hour, so I can't complain, I did catch the highlights!!) Spent ages examing the sky... Ray was bummed as the moon set right as the sky was dark enough to view last night... so tonight we went & looked at the moon - wait until I get the photo attachment - I will probably never post another photo of a shoot again!!! You could see all of the craters on the moon, it has been so banged up, it's amazing. It was so bright it was almost glowing... The clouds kept obscuring our view, and then it would clear and I can't even tell you how fantastic it was, absolutely brilliant!!!! I may just have to give up my day job so I can stay up all night and stargaze....

No comments: