Monday, March 31, 2008

gifts from the sea


I am very aware of gifts from the sea... My very livelyhood depends upon those gifts, of course I get the best gift of all, being able to take portraits on the beach... A family portrait, or high school senior portrait taken with a background of beach grass, sand dunes, the ocean, I'd say those are pretty amazing gifts! But I appreciate the little gifts as well, most days I walk Lucy along one of my local beaches, and I usually come home with my pockets bulging with rock, shells, wampum, driftwood, to be tumbled, or added to a collage, or just appreciated for their beauty. Anne Morrow Lindbergh wrote 'Gifts from the Sea', a kind of spiritual compass for us to follow, some of us live the journey everyday, and that in itself is a gift from the sea...

Sometimes, the gifts are not easily overlooked, on Saturday morning, Lucy was less than pleased because she had to be put on a leash, and Adriana was a little nervous, but I was breathless at the lovely Harbour Seal basking in the fickle sunshine, just relaxing on the shore... How I love the sea... How I love Cape Cod...

No comments: