Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Photography of newborns

Cole is 11 days old in these photos. Eleven days. Yikes. A tiny little bundle of true joy. I am always amazed at how tiny these babes start out, silly I know, but they are just so small. Although I adored his little outfit, we thought he looked a little like a sweet gnome! I couldn't wait to get him out of it! The little diaper cover was one of my earliest attempts at crocheting (okay so I'm still in my early attempts at crocheting, have only a handful of projects to my name) but at that point I'd never even read a pattern before. So I used the wrong sized hook, the wrong yarn, my stitches were not consistent, they were way too tight, I had no idea how to drop or add stitches, think you may be getting the picture, but I just kept going. At the end of the day, I had this teensy, tiny little diaper cover that's slightly wonky. And obviously way too small for any baby. Along comes Cole, and I think to myself, 'why not try it on him, looks like it may fit...' and fit it did. How sweet it looks. Made me so happy. Photographing Cole made me so happy. I photographed his parents wedding, one of the last I photographed, and was so thrilled when they let me know he was on his way... I can already imagine the adventures they'll have with this little lad, how they have no idea the absolute true joy he will bring to them. How every little milestone becomes the center of your existence for that moment in time. How being a family is just such an amazing journey. You may have heard this before, but how lucky I am to be a photographer. To get to be a part of people's families and watch them start and grow, what a gift. Having a baby? Give me a call, I'd love to talk with you about photographing (before and) after the big event!!!

No comments: