Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Shining Star

Happy Valentine's Day! This morning I got invited to the Barnstable Community Horace Mann Charter Public School's All School Community Meeting to receive an appreciation certificate for my support. What a delight it was. I used to love going to all school meetings at my daughter's elementary school and I felt the same way about going to this one. The children were adorable, mostly dressed in reds and pinks to celebrate Valentine's, singing their opening song, sharing their community service projects, and then finishing energetically with their school song. Can't think of a better way to spend a part of my morning!! I was impressed by their projects, the kindergartners collected mittens, the first graders pennies, the second graders books so that each student could start their own libraries at home and the third graders made fleecey hats for the babies at the Baby Center. The third graders were wearing their fleecey creations, they looked fabulous, and so, so proud. Ms. Cantelmo, the Principal, spoke of them learning to have heart so that they too could give back to their communities, and anyone can see they are definitely being taught well. I am proud to be a community supporter of BCHMCPS. They are indeed Shining Stars in our community.

No comments: