Monday, June 20, 2011

Saturn

It was really late by the time I walked the dog last night, and the entire time we were walking I was thinking how beautiful the stars were (well except for when I saw my first firefly of the year, 'oh look, a firefly, hooray!') and was enjoying them so much as soon as I got home I got out my telescope. So I was happily enjoying the stars, and watched the ISS go by which I also love, when Saturn came into view, so I had to go have a look. I literally had my breath taken away, it was the most beautiful I've ever seen, you could see the rings so clearly it was truly magnificent. So of course, I ran in to get Ray, he had a look & as soon as it was my turn again, there was a shooting star going right in front of Saturn! Saturn in all it's beauty and a shooting star, all through my telescope... what are the chances of that? oh man, what a perfect stargazing night!

I was hoping to try some astrophotography (which I've been failing at miserably so far I must add) tonight, but seems the clouds have rolled in so no Saturn tonight... maybe another day...

No comments: