Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

I wish you all peace for the coming year, and a year full of love & happiness...

So here's something you may not know about me... I'm a Jets fan, have been my whole life... when I was a kid, my step-father's company had season tickets (we're talking Shea stadium) 50 yard line 3 rows in - those were the days! Of course they always lost then too... we moved with them to the Meadowlands, but by then I was getting ready to leave home & my step-dad had a different job so those tickets were gone too, and the Jets, they just kept losing...

Well, anyone who's a Pats fan knows what it's like to be a Jets fan, except now you've had a decade of forgetting... yesterday's game gave me great hope for the future of the team I adore. At the end of the first half, the announcers were talking about how the Jets would be making the play-offs, and I have to admit, I still thought there was a lot of game left & it certainly wouldn't be the first time they blew it... & wished they'd stop being so confident... but then it was the 4th quarter, and there was still no score on the Bengals side... 37 to zip... woo hoo!

I don't even care what happens next week, rookie QB, rookie Coach, but I'm feeling good about next season!!! (Okay, I actually do care about next week too, it's just so great to have a positive feeling about the future of the team... maybe 30 years was long enough to wait for another great season... fingers crossed!)

J - E - T - S Jets! Jets! Jets!

No comments: