Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Perseid


Last night was great, after an afternoon of photographing seniors at the garden, followed by a couple of senior portraits at the beach, Adriana & I bundled up under a blanket with a big pillow and watched the meteor shower... It was early, only 10:30pm, but we still saw a number of shooting stars, including one that traveled the entire length of the sky... one of my favorite things to do is stargazing, and add shooting stars and I'm a happy camper... I tucked Adriana into her real bed, and went back out with my camera, unfortunately the bugs and my droopy eyelids got the better of me (tough to see shooting stars with your eyes closed I learned!!!) Being the insomniac I am, I just assumed I'd wake up in the middle of the night and go out for another round of gazing, but no, seems I slept right through until morning - figures! There's two more nights, tonight seems a bust, but maybe the clouds will dissipate before the wee hours...

So no Perseids made their way on to my digital files, but the sky was gorgeous, and the time with my daughter really special...

No comments: