Thursday, April 2, 2009

an image of Mexico


one of these days I'm hoping to have time to explore my images from Mexico... I took hundreds, but have scarcely had a chance to even look at them as my life is slightly overbooked these days!!!

But I love this image... it's the end of the day in Tepotzlan, the market is closed, the cobblestones have been swept clean, tarps are covering the stalls, it is quiet and calm, and the rose seller is heading home... It brings back Mexico for me. I love the peace of this image. I love how proud and strong the woman is. I love the pride within her, within all of the people there. I love the colours. I love the mountains in the distance. (I love the fact I climbed those mountains to get to Tepozteco Pyramid) This image has a story to tell, to share.

I can't wait to play with this one, to create an altered image that shares a part of my story as well as a part of hers... I'll share my altered creation someday...

No comments: