Friday, September 19, 2008

Mirasol's


so we're not supposed to tell of our faults and foibles... but I'm an artist, I share many things perhaps I shouldn't!! So I preface by the fact it's school season, I'm still photographing seniors by the dozen, and one of the thousands of students I've photographed in the last week or so gave me a quite nasty little bug, so I'm not exactly myself... (although Ray told me I was 'perky' today, so I must be nearly better! I was horrified at the thought that I hadn't been perky for the past few days to all of those I was photographing, he assured me I was indeed perky for them, just not him... phew!!) One of the schools I photograph is in Dartmouth, and last year we discovered this fabulous cafe there, Mirasol's. I had this curried lentil soup that was so divine, I wouldn't even consider eating anywhere else in the area on the off chance they may have it as a special! So yesterday, when we finished photographing the school for the day, we went there (no lentil soup, but a nice black bean quesadilla), had a lovely lunch and went home. I was physically exhausted, well that's my excuse anyway, and was on the Cape before I realized I'd left my purse there! Over $100. cash in my wallet, as well as my phone and all of those other things one has in their purse, on top of the fact it's my gorgeous photo bag of my babe, Adriana's beautiful face looks at me... yikes... So I called. And not only are they environmentally friendly, with straws made out of corn, completely biodegradable, and disposable silverware that is too, they are fabulously friendly too... "yeah we've got it" they told me, and when we finished at school today, there it was waiting for me, all contents intact... What a wonderful place. I highly recommend it!

(oh, today it was a white bean chili, delicious, but still no lentil soup, we've got a make-up day next month, so fingers crossed!! Otherwise I guess I'll wait another year...)

No comments: