Tuesday, September 16, 2008

me as a song?

I photographed a high school senior on the beach on Friday, he was a charming young man, and as we were talking, he told me his homework from one of his classes was to find a song that described him. He had to find it by Monday. So I took that assignment too... Of course, the songs I love (quirky as some of them are!) don't fit who I think I am... Safety Dance? Behind Blue Eyes? (maybe in my teenage angst days) The Blower's Daughter? Blowing in the Wind? a Dead tune perhaps? Cassidy? I Know You Rider? No. no. no. What a tough thing... I went through my repertoire of really quirky tunes, Red River Valley, Oklahoma, Lemon Tree yikes, I know, tmi!!! My musical interests are so varied, (and so awful according to my husband), that even in just going through them in my head I was a little frightened by my own self!!! I decided upon "Imagine" by John Lennon, not original, not some fabulous obscure tune, nothing crazy and artistic... I was fairly disappointed with my choice even... "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one..."
So, I handed in my assignment on time, but I'll keep searching...

Feel free to add a song which you feel describes you, I'd be interested to know...

No comments: