Tuesday, October 7, 2008

butterflies


walking Lucy this morning on Seagull Beach, I saw a beautiful Monarch butterfly. He was feeding on the Seaside Goldenrod to build his strength for the long journey to Mexico... He was bright and beautiful, and such a lovely start to the day... and then I saw a brilliant, yellow butterfly, and was mesmerized for the instant he allowed me to be, before zipping off on his way...

I looked in my Butterflies Across Cape Cod book, by Mark Mello and Tor Hansen, (which I got at the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History by the way) and found that I had seen a Cloudless Sulphur, fantastic!!!

*disclaimer - I use the word 'he' in the most innocuous sense of the word, they may have been she's... and I found the photo on Wikipedia from the St. Louis Zoo, so thanks for the great image! I was without camera this morning, but would have been without a photo even if I hadn't been!!!

No comments: