Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Hope all of you moms had a wonderful day yesterday...
On Saturday, my daughter curled up next to me and asked, "Mom, what's your favorite thing?" without hesitation I replied, "you". On Mother's Day, I received a list of why I'm so special, with prompting lines and then areas she filled in, the first said "You really love..." to which she wrote "me".
After I read the whole sweet list, she told me that she was just checking when she'd asked me what I really love the day before, she wanted to be sure it was indeed her! Thankfully, I'd come up with the right answer, because really, I could have replied anything from zebras to blue cheese to splashing in puddles to martinis, depending on my mood, but my response was the one she'd wanted to hear! phew....

No comments: